Categories
None (yet)
Posted by 2sons 15 years ago.

Is anyone thinking of migrating to NSW?

I notice most people are talking about moving to Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and even Adelaide. No mention is made of Sydney or Newcastle. Is there a reason for this? Is NSW too expensive now?

We are trying to decide between Brisbane (and its surrounding towns) and Sydney (and its surrounds, more likely Newcastle). What are other peoples' experience or thoughts re job opportunities, renting and buying houses, childcare, food and transport costs etc? Not to mention any difference in State bureaucracy?!

4 replies, the latest on 30 December 2011.
Reply from meme 13 years ago.

Hello there. We live in Wellington, but we have a son in Sydney and a daughter in brisbane. We go over X2 a year, once to Sydney and once to Brisbane. I dont know if its our age but we much prefer brisbane because, even tho its wide spread, it feels more friendlier and relaxed.

For us, sydney is great to visit but its great to leave. The congestion (people and traffic) is crazy. Perhaps this is one of the reasons people prefer other places.

Reply from moviefan 12 years ago.

We moved from Akld to Sydney 18 months ago. Sydney is now very overcrowded and expanding quickly. 4 million and growing FAST. 4 million in MELbs too I think. $430 for an apartment in central Sydney, Strathfield. City and Shore your paying 600 a week in rent I hear.

But the money in my current job is BRILLANT. NSW penalty rates at the weekend. Petrol very cheap. One is definitely better off. Had jobs with 6 weeks of arrive. Traffic is just NUTS thats coming from a Bus Driver! Sydney is like Akld, very expensive buying a house! Join Medicare.

Lots of bargains to be had with shopping because there is so much competition!!!! Some grocery items more expensive. But overall, your better off. Registration is more expensive, but one doesn't get a warrant!

Newcastle is also very nice. And a lot bigger than I thought when I took a drive up there from Sydney. Much like the size of Hamilton I thought. Beautiful beaches unlike anything I've seen before with it's Inner Harbour. Thought New Castle was quite widespread.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!