Categories
None (yet)
Posted by bxw 15 years ago.

On the Subclass 461 Visa, does the New Zealand citizen need to accompany their spouse to Australia just on arrival? Or every time?

One thing is unclear with the subclass 461 visa specification that the New Zealand citizen must accompany their spouse to Australia on the arrival. Does this mean EVERY TIME or just the first time when they arrive in Australia?

For example, if the husband (NZ citizen) has to leave Australia for a short period (say a couple of months or so), then:

1. Will his wife (non-NZ citizen) need to leave Australia and come back to Australia with him?
  2. Or she can remain in Australia?
3 replies, the latest on 13 July 2011.
Reply from anonymous 15 years ago.

Just the first time ..

Reply from helllo 14 years ago.

The subclass 461 can be renewed every 5 years but has a requirement to maintain private health insurance. Apparently upon reapplying immigration needs maintained evidence of this, or they may refuse further renewal. We came to Melbourne from auckers 17 mnths ago , the missus whose on the 461 had travel insurance for 3 months upon arrival- which expired in dec 08. Then we forgot about it for 6 mnths, and in june 09 got the private insurance since the missus is studying part time, we got the overseas student one since it was the cheapest, not realising it wouldnt cover her if anything happened. Thanks to the uninformed agent we spoke to at AHM. Now she needs overseas worker visa, which she is about to sort out immediately.. My question is: Has anyone reapplied for subclass 461- after finsihing the first term and had problems due to partial non compliance of private health insurance?

Reply from kiwi 13 years ago.

Once spouse/partner has a 461 Visa, he or she can travel alone. My wife arrived in Australia one year after me, no problems.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!