Categories
None (yet)
Posted by kirshoop 15 years ago.

Can anyone suggest some nice, reasonably-priced suburbs in Melbourne to buy a house in for around $380K - $420K?

We have been looking on realestate.com.au and really like the look of Kingsville, Footscray, Seddon and Newport - although I have heard that those areas are rough?? The houses are lovely Victorian villas, around $400K. Anyone that can provide any input or knowledge of this area?

3 replies, the latest on 28 December 2010.
Reply from shazandy 14 years ago.

I have heard that Footscray is not the place to go. We are moving in October and going to Point Cook, stayed there in march with my brother and it was an awesome suburb.

Reply from kellykiwi 13 years ago.

hi there, look in the deer park caroline springs region if you find the right area amongst the bad ones you'll be pretty happy i'd suggest albanvale its where i live lots of nzrs and older people and too far outer the city for people to party then head to the clubs hahah so they start closer to the city (drinking etc) hope that helps

Reply from jannas 13 years ago.

There's nothing wrong with Seddon and Newport. Close to Williamstown Beach and easy access to the centre of the city straight over the Westgate. I have been commuting back and forth for over 2 years and am finally making the move permanently and will be living in Newport. Parts of Footscray are pretty rough. There tends to be a high population of African and Asian refugees in this area and racial tension can at times be high. However I shop and eat out here quite a lot and have never had a problem. Depends what you like I guess.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!