Posted by Debbie on 11/10/2008

Can Kiwis claim child support payments from Centrelink?

We're planning on moving over to Australia early next year and I have a friend who has been there with her family almost 2 years. She has told me we will be entitled to Centrelink payments for our daughter, given my partner doesn't earn over $90,000. Does anyone know if this is correct? Can Kiwis moving over claim straight away for child support related payments? Is there anything we are able to receive after moving?

#1 response from mayflower at 00:07 on Wed, 15 October 2008

Your best bet is to contact Centrelink for clarification, but from my own research, without citizenship, it appears that the only things NZ citizens aren't eligible for is the sickness benefit, unemployment benefit and government assistance for students (loans, allowances)

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.