Categories
None (yet)
Posted by kim1987 7 years ago.

Application - Citizenship by descent

It appears that I am eligible to apply as my mother is an Australian Citizen. My husband and I are looking at moving from Auckland to Queensland. Can I apply from NZ without applying for PR first and then assuming I get citizenship, can my husband apply for citizenship by marriage. Just wondering what the easiest way to go about this is. Plus if it is worth doing this in advance. Would we then get assistance when having a family in the next year or so as citizens while on maternity leave.

1 reply on 29 August 2017.
Reply from kim1987
OP
7 years ago.

Considering selling our house in Auckland to move to the Gold Coast for the lifestyle change, weather and real estate. We have done our research and we can earn the same or possibly more. Is it best to sell before leaving (re capital gains tax) and then rent for awhile in Oz until we get to know the areas? We have dogs so hopefully that will not be a problem. We were considering that maybe one of us would move over 1-2 months before the big move if we had a jobs lined up in advance. Are there restrictions from banks for lending to New Zealander's establishing themselves in Australia - e.g must have been working for an Australian employer for 6 months before applying for finance.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!