Categories
None (yet)
Posted by peachy 7 years ago.

Sydney or Gold Coast?

Hi everyone, I have a bit of a dilemma and need some outside feedback. Question is to move to Sydney or Gold Coast but I need to give you a little background first. My husband has been working in Sydney since November 2016 and we have finally decided to move over to be together as a family, myself and our two kids ( 7yrs and 5 yrs) are still in NZ. We are planning to move in a couple months but we really want to buy over there and Sydney is so unaffordable unless we are an hour out of the city, and even then its still high prices. His work is in Sydney and will be for the next 5 or so years but a lot of people at his job commute back and forth to GC on their days off thats why we are considering that too? But it means he will be away for 7 days at a time then home for 3-4 days. We know people in Sydney but don't know anyone in Gold Coast? Not sure what to do? Any suggestions or ideas would be amazing!! Thanks in advance.

1 reply on 16 September 2017.
Reply from ashleigh 7 years ago.

Hi there, whilst I've only visited sydney i spent most of my life on the gold coast and LOVE the place. You can't go wrong choosing to live there. Im a nz citizen currently living in NZ and miss 'home' terribly.

First of all sydney to gold coast via flight is only 1hr 50mins and quite often tickets are on sale for around the $79 mark. So it is a relatively short and inexpensive trip between the two. At the moment you can buy a 4bd 2 bath house easily for around $420k. Good luck finding a shoebox anywhere near sydney for that.

Secondly Sydney is overcrowded, people everywhere!!. The population in Sydney alone is the whole population of new zealand and yes it is expensive!

The Gold Coast is the place to be with familys. Theres theme parks, shopping galore (even 24hrs), multi million dollar playgrounds, warm swimming weather most of the year, restaurants and cafes everywhere...the list could go on and on. Its actually hard to find something they dont have. The council always, almost weekly, have free family events organised all over the gold coast. Most importantly its the atmosphere and vibe that is unmatched. The gold coast is full of people from all different walks of life who fit in and have a place.

No need to feel lonely as there are many mums groups wether it be for fitness or social catch ups and your bound to meet other parents through your school aged children. Many families throughout Australia deal with a FIFO partner.

Hope this somewhat helps and answers some of you query ☺

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!