Categories
None (yet)
Posted by zozozo 7 years ago.

My baby will be an Australian citizen, so how can I become one now?

I am a 23 year old New Zealand citizen who has been in Australia for 10 years on a Special Category Visa. I have just finished studying teaching at an Australian uni. I am having a baby with an Australian citizen. My baby will be an Australian citizen, but I need to become a citizen now for my baby. Is it easier to become an Australian citizen if your baby is an Australian citizen?

1 reply on 22 January 2017.
Reply from azizdam 7 years ago.

You are classed as a "non-protected" SCV subclass 444 holder. There are different options available to you.
As you are with an Australian citizen, he can look at being a sponsor for you. Or another pathway opens in July 2017 for kiwis that have lived and have earnings over $53,000 per year over that period of time. There is also some leeway available for individual cases. Application cost is $3600.00 This is a permanent visa which you hold for 1 year before being eligible to apply for Australian citizenship.

And no, there is no difference about having an aussie baby making it easier for applications except of course if you went down the sponsoring line with your partner then the baby is just further evidence that you have a "real" relationship.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!