Posted by Kiwifruit on 08/09/2008

Can Kiwis studying in Australia get any financial assistance? Or am I on my own?

#1 response from mayflower at 00:10 on Fri, 12 September 2008

You need to be an resident to qualify for most assistance. As an NZ citizen you qualify for a Commonwealth supported place at most unis (some don't have them) wherein the government subsidise the fees. But unless you are a resident or citizen in Aussie you don't qualify for an allowance or government loan. And I don't think Studylink helps unless you can prove that you are doing overseas study as part of a NZ degree (i.e. if you plan to live in Australia permanently or graduate from the Aussie university, Studylink in NZ doesn't want to know you)

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.