Categories
None (yet)
Posted by ambrosia 8 years ago.

Husband is NZ citizen w/permanent NZ residency and wife is an Indian. We are now pregnant.

Hi,

We are living in Australia from the last 7 months and my wife is on subclass 461 visa ( NZ dependent visa). Since she is on subclass 461, she is not eligible for Medicare facilities also since we took medical insurance last Sept only, so medical insurance team is saying that we are not eligible for the same.

We are planning to have our baby in Australia. Is there any medical insurance company which would cover such cost as if we are going to spend from our pocket it will cost us a lot. Can we also avail services at public hospitals?

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies, the latest on 18 November 2016.
Reply from dave-smith 8 years ago.

Hi,

Sorry to bother you here but if you can give me little information that would be a great help. I am a NZ citizen and applied for 461 visa for my wife. Its been 5 months and no communication from Aussie immigration.

Can you please advise how long it takes for your wife to get her 461 visa.

Reply from ambrosia
OP
8 years ago.

Hi Dave,

She got her visa approval in 1 month. Since, we got married 3 years back and were staying together so we had all the relevant proofs. I believe, it also depends on the visa officer and location from where you are applying visa.

Reply from attraction 7 years ago.

Hi there, just wondering where you lodged your wife 461 visa? Was that in NZ or you lodged in OZ? And where you ended up having the baby? Thanks

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!