Categories
None (yet)
Posted by chef-girl 8 years ago.

Will I get refused a RRV Visa for drunk drive/dissorderly convictions I did not declare prviously ?

I have 2 drunk driving and 2 drunk disorderly and one breech of a liquor ban convictions in Nz around 14 years ago. Because they are minor silly not criminal convictions I always ticked the no criminal conviction box on the plane coming in and out of ozzy while living here for 11+ years . Now I realized I can apply for an Returning Resident Visa and then gain citizenship as I was also here pre 1994 on a holiday. If I do this : Do I confess and show now I do have past slated convictions OR do I stay strong saying I have no convictions and Hope they don't check ?! If I confess ... Will they A) hold my silly convictions against me as bad character ? which will cancel my scv visa Or B ) Or deport me for not ticking yes on the card every time !! and cancel my scv visa ..

If You tick no on a visa application .... DO THEY RUN A CHECK ?? Has anyone reading this said no, and then been caught out !!?? Or said No and "got away with it " ! ?

I want to come clean but it may be far worse consequences than just keeping it ticked NO. Im starting a business here and want to have kids Etc !!! HELP advice PLEASE

1 reply on 23 November 2015.
Reply from chef-girl
OP
8 years ago.

*Also No Jail time. Just fines and a suspended license for a small amount of time was the punishment.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!