Categories
None (yet)
Posted by joe-blow 9 years ago.

Working and moving to Oz

Hello,

first of all my name is Joe please to meet you all and thanks for any information you can provide.

Basically i don't know if I am dreaming or if its a possibility. I am wanting/thinking of working and moving to Australia if I can.

The only thing is that I don't know how to go about it and what I would have to do. I understand I sound dumb and like I haven't done my research but I am no good at reading long page articles or even where to find the right ones!

The little information I have heard/know is that you have to have a specific trade to work there? My cousin worked there for a year, but she is a doctor, so I assume a job there was easy to come by? My friend is going to travel there for a year come December and he said he's got some farm work sorted and is going to freelance it. However, I don't think i could do that.

I have nearly 6 years experience in office work and that would be the sort of job I would want to get and to be honest i wouldn't mind manual labour, but again I'm not sure how easy it would be?

Basically, to put it in a nutshell how easy would it be for me to sell my house here and pack up my things and leave for Australia to start a new life and live there?

Again, I apologise if I sound dumb and that sort of thing, but trying to grasp how easy/hard it would to pack up things and move across.

Many thanks.