Categories
None (yet)
Posted by im-a-australian-citizens 9 years ago.

I'm an Australian citizen living in England with a British wife and kids

We're thinking of moving back to Australia - would they be able to come with me?

2 replies, the latest on 10 June 2015.
Reply from sunshine 9 years ago.

I'm a Kiwi living in the UK with British husband and UK/Kiwi child; I'd like to know the rules for moving to Australia and bringing them with me...

Reply from brad 9 years ago.

I'm also an Aussie living in England with British Wife and two young kids. My understanding is that your children will be automatically eligible for Australian Citizenship (dual citizens of UK and Australia).

I'd be interested to hear from you and if your situation is similar to our own. We are weighing up whether to move back or not and we are finding it an incredibly difficult decision to make. My wife's family are all here in close proximity and my family are in Australia but far more spread out.

I personally love Australia as does my wife but its very difficult to know whether or not its worth leaving her family especially as we have young kids who love their grandparents etc.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!