Categories
None (yet)
Posted by anonymous-kiwi 9 years ago.

Help needed for passport

Hi there, I'm in a situation where I became a guardian to my sister in laws child who was going through a mid-life crisis at the time. her baby was just 7 months old at the time. I flew to NZ from a holiday in Australia with this child to care for temporarily as the biological parent assured me she would collect her child when her situation settled. It's now 17 years later and I have had no contact or know of the whereabouts to the child's mother. Not once the mother has tried to make an effort to find or contact me. The child now 17 years of age has grown up all these years thinking I am her biological mother. I don't want to complicate things so I've never found the courage to tell her. she's so beautiful & a well respected young lady. anyway I am wanting to take the child on an overseas family holiday but I am having trouble with her passport as she's Australian.... please help? a lady at embassy said I had to have consent from her biological mum but how is that possible if I don't know where that parent is?? ps: father is unknown. I have the child's original birth cert and her old passport of when she was 7 months. need help asap as to finding steps to getting her a valid passport. I also had a broken marriage 15 years ago & have raised my Ex's sisters child alone & also have no contacts for him either ( very stressful) not knowing what to do or whet to start. anyone with advice please?

1 reply on 07 March 2015.
Reply from anonymous-kiwi
OP
9 years ago.

(sorry for the errors) meant to say I am wanting to take the child on a family holiday overseas

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!