Categories
None (yet)
Posted by mx13 9 years ago.

3 criminal convictions in Australia that are 25 years old. Can one emigrate there, time spent in jail there?

My husband had 3 convictions Gbh twice and drunk and disorderly, but including damage to property and a massive police pursuit . The last one was about 25 years ago. We moved to New Zealand and now he wants to move back to live. What are the chances, it was a long time ago.

3 replies, the latest on 14 March 2016.
Reply from kim1987 9 years ago.

Hi there - I'm a journalist and I'm really keen to hear more about your story. We are doing a series on kiwis in the exact situation as your husband. Can you give me an email to discuss? I'm on kimvinnell@mediaworks.co.nz

Thanks! Kim

Reply from kiwiwife 8 years ago.

Hi, have you any further info on this. My husband had a 12 mth sentence 23 years ago, and we have been back and forth to NZ a number of times and always get stopped at immigration on way in and out. Now with new deportation laws we are unsure if when we go to NZ in a couple of weeks is he going to be allowed back. How far back are immigration looking? I am confused with the lack of info available. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply from flips 8 years ago.

I wouldn't risk it. I flew back to new Zealand in 2013 and two weeks ago tried to go back to Australia. I was refused entry and sent back to new Zealand. Don't do it

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!