Categories
None (yet)
Posted by mrsmac 9 years ago.

Can I move to Australia after a fraud conviction and serving 13 months imprisonment?

3 replies, the latest on 26 October 2015.
Reply from boogar 9 years ago.

No u can't I've tried, anyone with a sentence of more than 12 months needs to apply for a visa. I applied they only gave me a 3 month visitor visa and said if I wanna live there I need a skill that Aus needs and this where it becomes difficult because the job you will be applying for must be made available to Australians first and they must prove that no australian wants that job that's when you apply for it. There maybe other avenues ie marrying an australian citizen etc

Reply from i-am-wanting-to-move-to-australia-i-am-nz-citizen 9 years ago.

Hi can someone help me.

I am wanting to move to Australia - Sydney preferably. But I have a fraud conviction and will be getting community service. After my community service is completed would I be able to move over or not?

Reply from elmo 9 years ago.

I also committed a fraudulent issue.. I'm a NZ Citizen and having to pay back a substantial amount of money, And did 6months wearing a braclett. No prison sentence.. I'm thinking about either going to South America or Australia at some stage. Would this conviction in anyway stop from being able to leave NZ..???

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!