Categories
None (yet)
Posted by ivy2013 9 years ago.

Court Judgement & Entering Australia?

Hi all,

I was made redundant in March 2014, with all entitlements to be claimed through Fair Entitlements Guarantee.

I had taken out a small loan of $2,000 last and was unable to make repayments when I left Australia to live in NZ.

I've had plenty of emails requesting payment however I haven't the means to pay as I am currently a student here in NZ. I received an email about 2months ago saying the following:

It has been noted that you are currently overseas. Please note that this does not prevent legal proceedings being issued against you in the relevant court
or tribunal in Australia. If you do not pay the outstanding debt and Rapid
Loans commences legal proceedings against you, we intend to apply for a court order for substituted service of the summons on you. If you do not appear in
court and we obtain a default judgment, such judgment will be enforced on
you, upon your return to Australia.

My husband in Indonesian and lives in Bali, he is currently saving for flights for our daughter and I to fly in July 2015 but I'm worried about stopping over In Australia as I'm not sure if I will be pulled over in immigration and made to pay the full amount owing which I clearly do not have unless my redundancy comes through by then.

Does anyone know what happens in this situation? Thanks