Categories
None (yet)
Posted by want-a-gold-coast-holiday 10 years ago.

Can I enter Australia for a holiday with ATO debt? Even though I've never heard from them.

I walked away from a failed business 2 years ago, lots of creditors owed to but my main concern is the unpaid super & ATO debt. I haven't received any letters from the ATO regarding my debt but I have been getting the monthly BAS forms and finally they have stopped. I'm too scared to call the ATO in case I start something that would have been well left alone. Is anyone else in the same situation, would appreciate the feedback...

1 reply on 14 July 2014.
Reply from stevie-t 10 years ago.

The ATO will eventually make a determination against you, and send you an account. You should be okay until then. it is unlikely that you will get arrested at immigration even if you had been issued with a request to pay.. The ATO hasnt forgotten about you. Best you can do is give them a call and get it started. Debt to the ATO are not usually cancelled even by bankruptcy and they now have an international agreement with a range of countries.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!