Categories
None (yet)
Posted by gopalz 10 years ago.

How do i bring my partner to Australia ?

Hi I am a NZ Citizen living and working in Australia. I wish to bring my partner who has an indian passport to Austalia?

Can i sponsor her visa straightaway ? At present she is in India.

Look forward to your assistance .

Thanks

1 reply on 19 May 2014.
Reply from akl2melb 10 years ago.

Hi, Yes you probably can! I recently went through a similar situation with my Indian partner (Difference is, my partner was still in NZ with me).

You might be able to sponsor your partner for a 461 Visa (NZ Citizen Family Relationship Visa), As long as you are eligible... Eg. no criminal convictions, and have not sponsored anyone else before.

This visa can be granted for a period of up to 5 years! :-)

I think if your partner is in India, it may cause a few issues, so maybe bring her to NZ during the application if possible. But, best you ask at the TT Services office.

You need to have lived together for at least 12 months, and can provide PLENTY of evidence to prove this. My partner and I gave:

• Water bills, Internet bills; Power bills.
  • Joint bank account statements dating back over 2 years.
  • 80-100 photos of us (also include photos of you both with friends/family).
  • Letters of support from both of our families and friends (Personal letter acknowledging that we are in a genuine relationship. We provided hand written originals and a typed-up copy of each).
  • Rental agreements with both of our names (dating back 2 years).
  • Proof of joint car ownership.

I suggest you get all your evidence signed by a JP, and gather as much evidence as you possibly can! You need to prove its a genuine, long-lasting relationship.

I believe providing HEAPS of evidence (even more than they require/ask for), is what made our application successful in such a short amount of time. That's my best advice.

More info: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/461.aspx

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps :-) Good luck :-)

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!