Categories
None (yet)
Posted by alishaisha 10 years ago.

Will my baby get an australian citizenship and can I stay in Australia

Hi I'm currently pregnant and the baby will be born in Australia so I was wondering if the baby would have a australian citizenship. But also I'm currently on a temporary visa and was wondering if I would be able to stay in Australia with my baby because they have a citizenship

5 replies, the latest on 16 January 2020.
Reply from emmz 10 years ago.

Hi can i ask where are you from? Your baby will be born with no citizenship Sorry to say. You have to be a Australian citizen for bubs to be one 2. My partner and i are both New Zealand citizens and i had my son in Australia. I assumed he was a Australian citizen because he was born here, until i tried to apply for a passport for him and was told he is not a citizen in Australia OR New Zealand. I had to apply for New Zealand citizenship from decent for my son before i could get him a passport ( a New Zealand one). So he is now a New Zealand citizen.

Reply from reader 10 years ago.

It all depends on where you are from? No your baby will not be an Australian Citizen as i am going through the same thing. All thou my partner is an Australian citizen that will make our child an Australian citizen. And i am a new zealander so even if i was to have a baby with a New zealander they automatically become an Australian Citizen by the age of 10 if i am still living here.

Reply from white 8 years ago.

Hi, I'm wondering if the student visa holder from Philippines and I'm pregnant it will be born here in Australia does my baby automatically get here citizenship when she's 10 years of age? If I'm still living in Australia?

Reply from confused-springbaby 8 years ago.

Hi! My daughter is an Australian citizen by descent, she was born 2012. I am a Filipino citizen and currently living in Phil. I am thinking of going back to Australia with my daughter. Am I allowed to stay there permanently because of my daughter? Would it be possible? thanks

Reply from noangel 4 years ago.

Hi All, I m living in Australia from 2009.. my two daughters were born here, one is 2 years old and another nearly 10, I m on bridging visa now.. I think she will get citizenship soon. But I have concern about us.. plz share ur experience about parents benefits.. I mean after my daughter get citizenship then we can stay in Australia with her.. what I need to do for stay with her? Thx

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!