Categories
None (yet)
Posted by akina 10 years ago.

Immigration to AU, I've been in trouble with the police twice-not charged.

Hello. When I was 17 and 18 I've been in trouble with the police twice for shoplifting. I was never charged (no fingerprints, court orders, charges, sentences, convictions of any sort) so no criminal record of any kind.

I was not arrested either but the police department still have record of such history-aka a file. I am Canadian, now 25 and I have a doctors degree and masters degree. Looking to get my second phD in AU if possible, and looking to immigrate. I don't have any work experience with my phD or MA yet, but hoping to do something in AU by applying for skilled immigration.

My question is: Will AU deny my immigration or visa because of the files police have kept? I know when immigrating to America, these info will be shared even if I wasn't charged, America looks at anything from arrests to files, to troubles or even contact with the police. I'm wondering if AU does the same.

thank you

1 reply on 23 May 2014.
Reply from bob 10 years ago.

You will need to provide your Canadian criminal record but as long as nothing is on there you will be fine. It only counts if you were convicted.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!