Categories
None (yet)
Posted by lisa-524 16 years ago.

Is there a childcare subsidy in Australia similar to the OSCAR subsidy through WINZ in NZ?

I am looking at moving to Melbourne but I want to know if there is a subsidy for school aftercare like in NZ. If so, do you have be in Australia for 2 years before you are eligible?

2 replies, the latest on 25 July 2010.
Reply from ally 15 years ago.

Yes there is, however you will need to be a permanent resident for 2 years before you qualify and it is dependent on your income. If you do not work and want childcare you are only entitled to 12 hours per week. Check with Centrelink for further details.

Reply from best-answer 14 years ago.

i am moving to melbourne from nz...i have a 2yr old son...nz citizens who hold an SCV qualify for all childcare subsidies straight away...it is called CCB and CCR, the payments are based on your income and are paid weekly...family assistance do cover a lot of the weekly childcare costs better than nz does. i know this for sure because i have researched evrything. go to www.centrelink.com.au and search for family assistance...you can use the estimation calculator on there to give you an estimation of what you could get based on the yearly taxable income details you provide. nz SCV holders do not have to be aus citizens or aus permanent residents to get the following...family tax credits part A AND B, child care benefits and rebates, rent assistance, baby bonus, immunisation payments for your children and there are a few more and there are no waiting periods for these payments, so visit the site and have a look...:)

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!