Categories
None (yet)
Posted by vish 16 years ago.

Best utility service providers in Melbourne

Which are the best utility service providers in Melbourne for phone, internet and electricity? How long does it take to get connected?

My wife and I are planning to relocate from Wellington in couple of months. Thanks!

Reply from forum moderator 6 months ago on 7 November 2023.

It can be a good idea to use something like https://www.iselect.com.au to compare the different service providers available.

4 replies, the latest on 25 March 2009.
Reply from grace 16 years ago.

You can use a service like On the Move to connect everything for you. They do it for free, find the best deals for you, and connect everything up in time for your move in date.

They even give you a $75 Myer voucher as a thank-you. On the downside, we think they sell your phone number because we get calls several times a week from charities and people wanting to sell us stuff.

We use Telstra for phone, Bigpond for internet and Tru Energy for electricity. All have worked well for us.

Reply from noangel 15 years ago.

Do not use iinet,they suck. They stuffed our connection up 3times in a row by getting the spelling incorrect on details given even though details were spelt out letter by letter.Go figure 3 separate customer reps who couldnt spell.

Bigpond rock, expect to wait up to 2weeks though for connection as we had to. Not like Telecom, all sorted within 48hrs. New Zealand might be small but they get things like service providers done quickly and efficiently.

Patience here is the name of the game as we have learnt in the first year of our moving here.

Reply from nzjono 15 years ago.

Ditto to the above. I had to wait 3 weeks to get the internet on. what a drama. NZ has it all over here in terms of getting things like this done fast and correctly. Again just be patient and dont make the tradies mad!

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!