Categories
None (yet)
Posted by moving-to-australia 12 years ago.

3 Convictions (2 x DUI 1x Driving Whilst Disqualified)

I have 3 Convictions. First one was Drink Driving - misjudgement of consumption - I had two beers In which I thought I was under the limit not the case but as I have a light frame I misjudged. Second and Third - While I was disqualified for the first conviction. I was in a situation where I had to drive due to an emergency, as I consumed alcohol I was over the limit and driving whilst disqualified. The judge could understand my situation but still had to charge me with a conviction in saying that he only fined me $100 per conviction and did not disqualify me for driving given the circumstances of the situation. Im a NZ citizen - given the information above would this stop me from getting the SCV. I have read a case where a guy was Convicted for Drink Driving 3 times and still managed to get through.

2 replies, the latest on 17 March 2013.
Reply from moving-to-australia
OP
12 years ago.

Well, Today I got the responce from the Australian Consulate, and its allgood to go

Reply from yoyoyo 11 years ago.

What did you say to the consulate and what did they reply?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!