Categories
None (yet)
Posted by needshelpasap 12 years ago.

Am I able to move to Australia from New Zealand owing court fines?

Hi, I'm currently thinking about moving to Australia, however as a young bloke I accumulated a decent amount of court fines, now causing a big impact on my life. I think around 15000 all up over the past few years of paying them of at an affordable amount now owing around 7 to 8000, is it possible to leave with this amount? If not am I able to do community service?and how could I go about doing this?

I have no criminal convictions.. All fine where from breaching license conditions

10 replies, the latest on 12 March 2018.
Reply from gina 12 years ago.

I would recommend that you confirm whether or not you will even be able to leave the country first. A friend of mine was stopped at the airport with only about $4,000.00 in fines owing but I know of others who have owed more but were able to travel so probably best to check and make sure.

http://www.justice.govt.nz/fines/contact-us

Reply from nzander 12 years ago.

Yes of course you can leave the country as long as you are paying the fines off with regular payments, you name is only flagged if they are outstanding with no time payment in place.

As for moving to OZ I too have a massive debt and am planning on moving over also and forwarding my debit card details to them so payments can continue via regular visa payments.

Reply from keen-jellybeans 11 years ago.

I am wanting to move to oz live but i have a question. I have paid all my fines off for parking and speeding ,but now im wandering if I need to apply for permission to enter Australia from the Australian High Commission? Im not sure if those offences mean I have criminal convictions ? Or will I be free to persue my goals for a new beginning? :/

Reply from ash3z-mangere 11 years ago.

i am also thinking of moving to australia and have 8k fines owing i hav been making regular payments have not missed a payment and would like to no if i can travel?

Reply from melmelme 9 years ago.

what about hire purchases that are around 15k will they let you leave?

Reply from ozbird 9 years ago.

Yes you can leave with H.P's owing. Fines is the only thing that will prevent you from entering the country. Like previous comments, You need to make an arrangement where you will start paying them when you get here (they give you all the info on the phone). If you only want to travel, you need to ring and organise time payments. If you already have a payment plan in place, you only need to let them know. No you dont need to apply for permission from the consulate. Those are not criminal convictions.

Reply from true-kiwi 9 years ago.

I have 1k fines and got arrested at the airport and a 6 month stay.

Reply from babyella 7 years ago.

I do have a fine and I already start pay $15 a week 2 months ago and I think not much left or maybe half, do I still leave the country please.

Reply from lily 6 years ago.

i have a 500 bill from work and income will that stop me from leaving newzealand? please help i have no idea

Reply from curious 6 years ago.

So I have time payments set up and have done for the last year. I owe about 3000nzd left and am paying 60nzd per week. I'm planning on traveling to Australia to holiday but not to live but then carry onto Asia for a while. Can I safely leave NZ to travel with out having any airport issues as long as I am timely paying fines?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!